Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Weekend Post 2: Storytelling at Warrenton Library




What a welcome! Becca of the library staff greeted me warmly, helped me set up, and then I learn that she is a fellow West Virginian. No wonder we hit it off so quickly.
It is funny how this program came about. I traveled to Warrenton every month in 2006 to care for my father until he passed away in October. During that time, I'd go to the library to check my email and got to know one of the librarians. I offered to do a program because my father had never seen me perform and I very much wanted to do that before he left us.
It didn't work out that way, but the library contacted me to do 3 programs for them this past summer. I did two of them, but missed the one at Warrenton due to car troubles, so this weekend was a make-up date. I also offered to do a free program at Bealeton since I'd be in the area. So that's how I came to be in Warrenton this weekend.


The turnout was small but respectable for early Saturday morning, when the outside temps were barely above freezing. We had a grand time. It was made even more wonderful for me because my oldest brother and his wife attended. Bill took photos for me and we were able to visit a little after the performance. The others there, children and adults, were great listeners and I found myself wanting to know each of them better. I will hope for an invite back sometime to share more stories with this lovely community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...