Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blueberry Muffins

Click on the picture to enlarge it and see all the variations possible by adding fruit, etc.


As you can see, this recipe is a favorite. I cut it out the back of a bag of flour about 20 years ago. What I like so much about it is its endless versatility; simply change a few ingredients and you've got a completely different muffin. My favorites are the Blueberry and the Apple Nut variations.



Muffins


Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.

Whisk together:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Add 1 cup blueberries to the mix.

Then add:
2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar (you can leave the sugar out, if you like, if you're adding fruit or other ingredients. I make them without sugar for my diabetic husband.)








Beat until flour is just moistened. It will be a little lumpy. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until just golden brown.








Makes about 12 lovely muffins.

3 comments:

Nance said...

they are beautiful. How much fruit do you put in? I am one of those people that have to measure everything!

tipper said...

Just picked some blueberries today-think I'll make these in the morning. Thank you!

Sean said...

Yep, I have a nearly-identical muffin recipe that is the base for the "throw that in there too" way of making different flavors.Cute post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...