- at Wall Street bankers for their greed,
- at the mortgage companies for selling mortgages to people unable to pay them and then ducking out by bundling and selling these poor debts
- at the American public for their stupidity in taking out mortgages far beyond their ability to pay,
- at Congress for playing politics at such a crucial time,
- or at George Bush and his advisors for the wrong-headed, short-sided decisions that led to this moment.
Am I the only one who can't figure out where the anger should be directed? What are you feeling? What frustrates you most?
It's a mess that most of us had no part in, but we will be paying for it. I know life isn't fair, but for once I'd like it to be unfair to someone besides those of us who work and live in the expectation that those we put into positions of power and control are behaving ethically and prudently.