Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

I know that many of you are good cooks because I see the results on your blogs.
So: The West Virginia State Fair is compiling a cookbook for the 2010 State Fair. I think that all of you cooks out there should submit something!
I have seen to-die-for cakes, salads, jellies, pies, rolls,
cobblers, breads, side dishes....you know who you are. Why not submit a recipe or two and share that talent in the State Fair Cookbook?
They are looking for recipes in the following categories:
- Appetizers & Beverages
- Soups & Salads
- Vegetables & Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Breads & Rolls
- Desserts
- Cookies & Candy
- This & That (preserves, jams, special dietary needs)

The proceeds from sale of the cookboks will benefit the State Fair Endowment which, which according to their website, "provides long term funding for Career & Scholarship Advancement Initiatives, Youth Educational Enrichment and Agricultural & Competitive Exhibit Premiums."

There is a form on their website you can download to submit your recipe.

Then mail the form to:
PO Drawer 986, Lewisburg WV 24901

Or Fax it to:

304.645.6660


Let us all know when your recipe is selected!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Susanna, I may just send a recipe to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a copy of the entry form for ight, Janet :-) I thought you had a few recipes they might like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO, I have a super peach jam recipe! I may just do this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent a recipe for the Cast Iron cookbook the state did a few years ago, and my recipe got in the book. I might send one for this book too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...