Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vintage Thursday: Dishes!


 I thought that for Vintage Thursday I'd show you a few things I have listed on eBay right now, and a couple of things that are just favorites of mine. I love pretty dishes and it's a rare junking trip that does not find me toting more plates and bowls into the house. A woman can only use so many, though, so I have to decide what I keep and what I sell. That is so hard to do!


For example, I found these beautiful white and gold-trimmed dishes at an antique mall for a price so reasonable I could not pass them up. This photo doesn't include the covered round butter dish that goes with the set. Most of these are Homer Laughlin, but the gravy boat is a Johnson Brothers--yet matches the set so well. I've had these listed on eBay but no sales, and I am thinking I will just keep them because they are so lovely. The rub is that I have to find a place to put them, and that won't be easy.


There are a couple plates and another bowl in this Taylor Smith and Taylor set. The pale pink color is just beautiful. These are on eBay too but no bites yet. These are from the 1920's and for someone with a pink kitchen, or doing a cottage or vintage room, I think they're perfect.
 

 I believe these are TS&T too; these little bowls are just pretty. I've had them for some time and like them for salads and desserts. There are only 5 of them, though.


My instinct tells me these plates are pretty old, very likely 1920's or earlier. I am basing that on their shape, and on their condition. There are no marks to give any clues to their maker and I've looked for the pattern for a couple months now. The glaze is crazed and some of them as discolored, but to me they have such a homey look. There are 6 plates and 6 saucers. If anyone recognizes them, please do tell!

That's my "show-and-tell" for today. I'm off to see what other people are showing on Colorado Lady's blog. If you want to see some pretty things, stop by her blog and have a look. Also linking to Coastal Charm, a great place to find new ideas.

If you'd like to see what else I'm selling check out my eBay listings by clicking here or on the link on the sidebar. I have bit of everything: dishes and glassware, clothing, purses, dresser trays, linens, etc. And I add things almost daily!

9 comments:

  1. You do have a big decision to make on these dishes. They are all worth keeping, but as you say, you can use only so many. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that first white and gold set. Too bad I'm not an e-bayer, I might be tempted to buy them, especially with a round butter dish to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, LV. If the white ones don't sell with the current listing, I'll keep them and be right happy about it!

    Keetha, eBay can be a dangerous place. I've bought many things there and been very happy with them. And I've been selling a lot this year. It's fun and I enjoy knowing that the things go to people who love them enough to pay for the shipping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great find on those yellow plates. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so beautiful Granny Sue! Hope they sell on ebay. I'm sure someone is looking for those special pieces. It's all about the right timing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful dishes!! surely someone will want to give them a good home! Happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the dishes you shared with us are beautiful but I think my favorite is the pink one. It puts me in mind of my mom and great grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two TS&T plates that were in this house when we bought it. Honey was taken with them and said they reminded him of a church picnic or dinner at Grandma's, so we kept them. They decorate a shelf mostly full of books. They are very pretty. Your pink platter is so lovely. I hope these find their home and bring someone good memories of the past and create new ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. Do you still have the pink TST dishes? If so what size are the dishes? Thank you Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...