Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whew!

My camera is safe! What a relief!

I can't tell you how happy I was to find it, right where I left it in the booth at the antique mall. Thankfully I'd laid it down in an inconspicuous spot, but I like to think that anyone who visited would not have taken it anyway. My faith in human nature might be naive but it's been supported numerous times over the years by good people doing the right thing.

Right now it is buried in the truck under a load of boxes. We went to an auction today and my goodness did we find some good stuff. Photos will come later, after I unearth my camera.

Since we had to go back in search of my camera I took two more totes of things to add to the booth. It's certainly filling up nicely. I'll take more this weekend, I think--I want to visit on a Saturday to see how busy the place is on a weekend. I did notice a few more things were gone so that's good.

It was a full day, and I'm pretty tired. But I am happy and satisfied too. My camera is back with me, the truck is full of some amazing things, and I will have a fun day tomorrow sorting it all out and deciding what to put in the booth, what to list on eBay, what to store for later, and what to take to a donation center. Box lots can provide a lot of interesting and useful stuff that I might not want to keep, but that someone else can use. I'll also be busy listing on eBay because I need to earn back what I spent and that's a faster route than selling in the booth. But I promise to post the rest of the pictures, along with a few of our finds today.

Best find today: a late 1800's-early 1900's lamp that was buried in a box of linens. I don't think anyone else noticed it! It looks like it was a kerosene lamp that was later retrofitted to be electric. Two other lamps are favorites too--they are alabaster and I really like them. I need to learn about cleaning marble, though because they sure can use a cleaning.

More tomorrow after I totally destroy this house unpacking and sorting!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your camera was still there!! Can NOT wait for your pictures, whenever you post what you've been doing in one day...I sleep like a baby!!! You make me that tired, but I love reading all the things you get into!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for the pics! I love Box Lots so am happily awaiting photos of your winnings! It is a lottery, right?

    So glad your camera was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found your camera, Sue. I was expecting to have to read through lots of other blogs searching for someone saying "Hey, I had a great find today; I bought a box of old stuff and there in the bottom was a nice little camera!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, your pictures look nice. Where is the antique mall at? I will have to tell my sister who lives in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, thanks for the chuckle! I did lose a camera once at a storytelling festival--I really thought it would be turned in but no such luck. I'm glad to have this old friend back again.

    Robin, it is in Ravenswood, in the middle of town. It's called Riverbend Antique Mall. I'd love your sister to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found your camera - I've been lucky that way too in the past getting back both cameras and purse (English version ie wallet in US speak I think) when I've left them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I will tell her. I don't know if you remember her, she was Bonnie Simons. I used to live with Belva and remember you and the boys coming in the winter and playing in the snow with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...