Saturday, November 24, 2012

Finds!

Since I'm expanding my Marietta booth again, I thought it might be a good idea to scare up some new stock. We traveled over to Ohio today and had a great day. Here's some of what we found:


Italian glass tall decanters from the 60's are so retro and funky. To the left are three Monkeywood Tiki mugs which seem to be a very collectible item on eBay.



Then there are these:

An early American pressed glass pitcher, a B.C. comics pitcher, and a Fenton cobalt ring holder.

And these:
I love cake carriers and cake plates. This photo is one of both. Oe the left, a chrome cake carrier with a locking cover and one the right a glass cake plate and chrome cover. People knew how to live in the days these were made; everyone worked hard so obesity wasn't an issue and everyone could eat cake once in a while. Now, cake is a rare treat for many of us, especially those of us who live with diabetics. Still, there are recipes we can make!


Lots of neat things here: a Fire-King white swirl pattern bowl in left bottom, a Franciscan cup, nautical pattern mid-century glassware, and a 30's teapot, along an Early American Pattern Glass creamer and footed, gilded dish and a nice red lampshade.

Then there is this group:
I found 9 bowls that matched my lettuce (or cabbage, take your pick) bowl that I have had since the mid 70's. Also found a plate commemorating the West Virginia centennial in 1963, a pair of Depression candleholders and a Culver Prado pattern martini mixer and 6 glasses as well as an EAPG sugar bowl or spooner in the Prayer Rug pattern.

And more:
 
 In this photo: on the left, the edge of a great round tin tray with a kitchen scene and the edge of a Tiki mug, two railroad theme shaving mugs in the center along with yet another Fire-King D-handle mug; a great aluminum ice cream scoop and an EAPG bowl I need to look up for the pattern. Two Asian ceramic statues intrigued me for some reason. Then there were the 8 globe mugs made by Nestle's with use instructions still inside. Where were these when I was looking for them two years ago?

 This is a nice mix! An old kitchen strainer rests in a Hazel Atlas Ivy pattern bowl; an English tin sits behind a handpainted German bowl. On the left is a gorgeous amethyst vase made in Poland and on the right, a Candlewick bowl so popular in the 50's and 60's and highly collectible today.

There's a lot more not in the photos; it was a good day. Tomorrow I'll be back at work on storytelling, but today was a nice break.




Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great stuff, lots of work writing tags etc. Looking forward to more pictures of your booths when you can.
Joy

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Look at that.......6:26 on a Sunday morn and you've given me the intense urge to go junqe-ing.........

;)

Love your stuff!

*hugs*
Mimi

storytellermary said...

I have one of those Nestle globe mugs. My mom sent for it for me. Some of my students thought it would be more appropriate for a social studies teacher, but then I pointed out that our class was called WORLD literature. I don't remember needing instructions for it . . . anything I should know on those slips of paper?

Granny Sue said...

I had so much fun finding all of these things! I think that's why I do this--the joy of the find.

Mary, the only thing you'd need to know is that they recommended pre-heating your cup with hot tap water before adding boiling water to it. That makes sense to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...