Friday, November 30, 2012

The Sisters Are Coming!

It's fruitcake making weekend, and my sisters are on their way to my house! If I've been quiet this week it's because I am getting ready for the fun to begin. I've bought baking supplies, planned meals, cleaned, planned where everyone will sleep (this is a small house!) and probably driven my husband mad.

Five of my seven sisters will be here, along with my aunt, two or three granddaughters and maybe my great-granddaughter. Lots of female energy will be floating around and Larry says he's heading for the high country.

Here's a photo from one of our fruitcake days several years ago when all 8 of us were able to be together:


Good times ahead!

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun!

Sue said...

This sounds like the very best kind of fun! I only have three sisters, but when we all get together we have a ball.

Enjoy yourselves...I know you will.

=)

Mamabug said...

I'm so happy for you! I only have one sister and she doesn't bake, cook, craft or any of those other fun things so we don't do things together. Sounds like a fun weekend to come! Hope you'll post photos soon.

Michelle said...

That sounds wonderful! Enjoy!!!

storytellermary said...

Have a wonderful time! Your fruitcake is so special because of the love and laughter included ;-)

steeleweed said...

Still nibbling on the fruitcakes my wife made 15+ years ago and may even have a couple of her father's around.

Moisten them yearly with a bit of brandy, wrap them well and seal them up and they last forever. Too rich to mold or spoil and so rich a serving is a 1/2" slice.

If you're not into fruitcakes, they make a great paperweight. :-D

Enjoy the making and the company and have a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

And it was a very special time, full of memories, laughter and good conversation. Thank you Sue, for the beautiful weekend. tm

Nance said...

Peaked at your schedule and I think you must be on the road. Hope you are having a good time and collecting more tales to tell. Have fun!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely tradition. I've been enjoying your blog so much today - it all sounds like such fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...