Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's Hot These Days Besides the Temperatures?

For the past two weeks I've been busy with eBay again. I took a break in the summer, knowing that I would not be able to keep up with the rigorous mailing times expected by eBay.

I find it intriguing to see what people are buying, don't you? Here are some photos of items that I have recently sold:

I've had thus unusual pitcher for a while and enjoyed it, but it was time to send it on to someone else. It sold very quickly; since I have no idea who made it or when, I suspect I under-priced it, but I am happy with the profit I made and that's all that matters to me--that, and making sure it gets to where it's supposed to go safely.

A recent find, this beautiful orange decanter is heavy! Again, there is no indication of the maker, so I listed it for what I considered a fair price. It too sold quickly. How often do you see orange glass?


Mid-century modern seems to be the in-demand thing if my sales are any indication. This charcoal ashtray, made by Blenko (a WV glass company), did not last long on my listings.


 I had never heard of Koeze's Candy until I came upon these canisters. They cost a bit to ship as they are heading to Washington state. I double-boxed them since they are quite heavy and have a long journey ahead of them.

I've had these little jars on my shelves for some time and finally got around to listing them. They attracted a lot of interest, apparently a set like this is not too commonplace. I got them for $2.00 at an auction with a big pile of other stuff. They were made by the Hazel Atlas company and were used for Duchess brand cheese.

And last, that corset! Or back brace, whichever it is called it too attracted a lot of lookers and sold for the Buy It Now price. This was by far the easiest item to package of my recent sales!

So what are people buying? From this list, it looks like mid-century items are hot, doesn't it?


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting post, Sue. I am about to retire and ready to start lightening my load. I have sold on ebay but not glass. (and that's my main inventory!) how do I learn how to ship glass? 30s, 40s, 50s? thanks, Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid Century does seem very popular. A few months ago I didn't even know what that referred to. Now I do, my youth. Who knew !

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is interesting to see what people buy, fun too I imagine in selling things. A girlfriend in Alberta bid on an original Julia Child cookbook for me and got it at a steal-this is the closest I've come...she buys regularly, sent anything to Edmonton Alberta Canada recently :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...