Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holiday Memories: Catching Up with Photos

I posted little during the last week of December, so here are some catch-up photos.

 I had to make more vanilla; I hope it gets ready soon, since that smaller bottle is all I have left.

The local park had a fantastic light display-I loved this weeping willow.

 The blue tree changed colors and ran patterns, all running on solar power!


We could tune in to a local radio station that provided a driving tour of the light show.


The "little tree" at the house is one of my favorite decorations. We bought it used after Christmas for a couple dollars at a thrift store, and I just love it.

The table on Christmas morning...

and a few days later as we prepared for our rescheduled Christmas party of songs, food and merriment.

The cookies are orange-chocolate shortbread, with a design pressed with the bottom of my sugar bowl.

Blog friend Connie who writes at WV Fur and Root. This was the first time we'd met in person, and I know it will not be the last.

Jeff Seager, my partner in the carols program, sang us the wonderful song by Louden Wainwright, Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road. I love that song! This was of course, after the carols.

About a dozen or so people came from places as far as 70 miles away and we all had a wonderful time. I need to have more parties; I really like doing this. Sherrell, who writes the blog Sherrell's Poetry came from Parkersburg to join us.


Grandchildren James and Michaela made sure the cats were well cared for.



Snow came the following day, and I was glad to see the beautiful covering reappear after a few days of bare ground.


And then we ended the year with our annual bonfire, burning the troubles of over 50 people, plus our own.



And then to the quiet of New Year's Day.


Tomorrow I'll post photos of the changes to our booths--that's the other things keeping us busy. For now, I think I've got some junking to do. Have a fun weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I missed your party . . . your tables were laid beautifully. Love all the colored glass, the punch bowl and decorations. It is so Festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...