Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Coneflower




The purple coneflower, broken by a black lab
excited to see our van pull into the drive
laid twisted and forlorn in the grass, 
so I gathered a bouquet
of coral bells, oregano bloom,
 fireweed and the broken coneflower
into a crystal vase
made in 1890, but chipped on its base.
Imperfect beauty shared

is beautiful perfection.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Everything I own is chipped, bent, broken or distressed, and thus all the dearer to me. Your vase looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful grouping of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - the picture you share with a photograph & with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nurture purple cone flowers at our little cabin in Mo. I am trying to establish the grey-headed coneflower to my wild flower bed . . . but not having much luck. (The grey-headed cone is a laid-back dainty yellow.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...