Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Spencer Booth

This has been a busy week with the booths; not just stocking them but also painting and pricing things. We didn't expect to be back at our Spencer booth today but we found this amazing buffet yesterday afternoon and decided it needed to go straight to a booth rather than trying to store it. And the only booth with any space for it was the one in Spencer.


I love the detail on this, and it still has all the original pulls, too. Why isn't my house big enough for it?!

 I enjoy arranging things in my booths. This one I wanted to give a warm feel with a hint of fall colors, so I chose a lot of ruby and amber pieces.

And remember the green sideboard I painted this week? It's now in the booth and is also sporting a fall look.


This booth is pretty full, but I still have space on the wall, and in the two china cabinets in this area.


A pretty cobalt-edged tea set is called Queen's China and was made in England. I picked it up for a song and almost priced it way too low. I took a few minutes to look it up, and my goodness! The amber candle holders are Fenton's thumbprint pattern.


I may take this old chest of drawers home if it doesn't sell in the next couple months. It would be stunning if we refinished it, but right now we don't have time to take it on. Maybe this winter it will be one of our projects, although I hope someone just buys it as is and does the refurbishing themselves. We've got plenty lined up to work on already.

Glass, glass, glass, how I love it! The blue piece on the left kept me busy trying to find its maker and age. Finally a Facebook vintage glass group identified it as Kemple Glass Company of Kenova, WV, a company in business from 1945-1970. Kemple used old molds of McKee glass, which is why this confused me--the pattern and style looked out, but the color seemed wrong. The middle one is, I believe, by Jeannette and called "Lombardi"--made in the 50's. The last is Indiana Glass' diamond point pattern.


And here is the little gossip bench I painted this past week, all settled in to our other Spencer booth.

I like the way it looks with that red and ivory Hoosier cabinet. I pulled a lot of fall colors into this booth too.


We picked up the small drop-front desk last week; it's a perfect size for a kitchen or bedroom desk.


Here's a better look at the little desk. I had some wiggling to do to get everything into my spaces this week.

A few more additions to the booth: old tin canisters and a sweet little green spice rack. We lucked out yesterday--we went to the local Bargain Days flea market (only held a couple times a year) and although there were few vendors, there was one lady who had tables full of things from her mother's house. We picked up quilts and quilt tops, crockery, thimbles, and a lot of kitchenware at absolutely dirt cheap prices. I took some of it to the booth after giving it a good washing. These canisters were from that lot.


Another small shelf in this booth could still hold a few more things. Next trip I'll be reorganizing this one.
That's all the photos I took today. There were a few people browsing so I was limited a bit by what I could take. Next trip perhaps I'll be able to take more.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's lucky I don't live near either of your booths or I'd be broke. Love many of your items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to add on another room to your house so you can decorate with some of these things...they look great! And your house is so cool...it would be awesome with more antiques arrangements like these!! Get Larry on that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...