Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Transformation, or the Story of Two Chairs

They looked like this


And then like this


And today, at last they are finished and in the booth.


I have had this end result in mind since last October, I think it was, when I bought the square table. I painted it last fall but didn't like the black I used. So it sat around here getting in the way for several months until I finally got back to it and got started. I'd had the chairs a while too, just waiting for the right project.


I love the way it came together! I found the BISTRO sign at a thrift shop so it too was stashed away with this project in mind.

In January and February I painted a few accessories but still avoided starting on the table and chairs. Why? I don't know--I can be the very queen of procrastination sometimes.


But last week I was finally ready to get started and get done. Now it is all pulled together in the booth at the Riverbend Antique Mall and I just love it. And it's priced to sell too, because I want to see this in someone's home.


I also painted these two black stools with General Finishes Lamp Black, and then finished them with High Performance Top Coat just as I did the table and chairs. I love this sleek black look.



I am so happy with this, and with finally getting it all done. Now, on to that desk and that little table and the...


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...