Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Harvest Moon

I said the next post would be our second day in Ireland, but the moon in the early hours this morning woke me, and I had to go take photos of her.

The first photo is from halfway up the driveway, but she was setting fast so I drove to the top of the ridge to watch her go.











And gone. As she left, the stars popped out, the ones on the eastern horizon tinged a faint pink. Orion was high above me, and somewhere far off a rooster crowed, driving the night spirits back into their hiding places.

A neighbor's headlights came on. It was time for him to go to work, and for me, in my nightgown, to scurry back down to the house for my morning tea.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...