Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Night Lights, and Being Thankful

The moon on Tuesday night lit the snowy world around us with a pale blue light.


Last night the fireplace crackled with heat,

while in the living room the little trees (my Christmas forest, I call it) glowed with color. The small red one was a gift from a dear friend, and changes colors from red to purple to blue to green.


More night lights in the living room.


Looking at these photos this morning makes me thankful for:

*living in such a beautiful place, difficult as it can sometimes be;
*having a husband who not only cuts the wood but builds good fires;
*having good friends from many walks of my life;
*being warm and comfortable when the temperature keeps dipping below zero;
*having a well-stocked larder at this time of the Cherokee Cold Moon;
*being able to share my thoughts and stories here.

Linking to Michelle's Thankful Thursday today.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful you write, post and share. We live on a beautiful world! God Bless. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nance :) This blog brings me a lot of pleasure--meeting good people, sharing the things I enjoy and my thoughts. And another thing I've come to value is the ability to look back at my life, and see what happened and when. I didn't expect any of these when I started it! I'm not sure what I expected, actually.

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for all the interesting information you have posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...