Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Into the Holidays, and Some Booth Pics

28 this morning, all frosty and cold. We had some light snow flurries yesterday, enough to leave snow on the roof of my van and the truck, and on the deck, but it soon melted. The day never warmed much, very cold, cloudy and windy.

Yesterday's little touch of snow on the deck. It's certainly time for some wintry weather.


Thanksgiving evening was so nice, a good relaxed time with our son and his daughters and the boyfriend of one of them, just sitting by the fire and talking. 


We took it a bit easy yesterday, taking more things to the antique mall and picking up a van-full of inventory from a friend who has left the reselling business. It was a pig in a poke kind of buy, because almost everything was packed up in boxes so I had no idea what I was buying. But I trust this friend to sell me things that are worthwhile. Yesterday evening I started unpacking some of it. Lots of nice teacups, a good vintage globe, and lots of other things that will sell in our booths or on eBay. Some will go to the thrifts because they just won't do well for me, but overall it's been a fun treasure hunt.

I'll be cooking down the turkey carcass into bone broth today, too, and doing some eBay listings as usual. It's going to be a cold, cold day, so inside work is called for. The fridge is full of leftovers so no need to cook, that's for sure.

The news about a new coronavirus variant isn't surprising, but disappointing. I believe we will continue to have these variants, very much like the flu, but the scientists are on it and I feel sure they will continue to come up with vaccines as they do each year for the different strains of flu. In the meantime, it's masking as usual. At least in cold weather the mask isn't uncomfortable. 

It's time for Christmas cards, too. Do you still send them? I continue the tradition, feeling a connection to each person as I write out the cards. I haven't included a letter in years, but since we see people so seldom any more, maybe this is the year to send along a note in the cards. Will you be sending a letter, or do you find them annoying? I enjoy the newsy ones, not so much the braggy ones.

Small Business Saturday today tempts me to go out and shop, but with a full day ahead, I'll save that for another day. There are some places I certainly want to visit. We don't get crazy with gifts, with such a large family and such a small income, but it's always fun to find or make just the right things for our loved ones. I've already got a few things, like homemade vanilla, ready to go. But definitely it's time to get hopping.

I don't think I've posted many photos lately of our booths. Here's some of the changes at the Ravenswood booth.

I do love this sweet little table and chairs, but I must be the only one, as there's been no interest in it--yet. 



Shawnee Pottery's Puss 'n' Boots pieces.


The buffet sold the other day, and is just awaiting pickup.


A jewelry tree--why not? I've sold quite a few items from it since this photo was taken.


We almost kept this cedar chest. It's the perfect size for toys, but we decided that we really didn't need it, so...

I wish I'd taken this when I had the lights on. I'll have to try again when I'm there tomorrow.
The display keeps changing as we sell things from the window. The sled left yesterday.


I was surprised how many Prince Albert cans I had. I used to buy them whenever I found them reasonably priced as I needed one for a story I used to tell. 


More photos later. Time to get back to eBay listings.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family. Storm Arwen dropped in yesterday with rain, hail and gusty and howling winds. It continued today but on a lower scale. We send Ecards for Christmas. No lines and no fuss. Anyway, postal prices are increasing at an alarming rate. Interesting items in those photos, I always enjoyed walking and browsing places like that. Good luck selling and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun trivia and antiques! Your kitchen does remind me of many years of my own post-Thanksgivings. This year I cooked and ate for one, so very few big items...but I do have my own kind of left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful with talking by the fire. Nothing better, I think. We had family over and went to another dinner today. I don't go crazy with gifts either, but it is time to get hopping, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...