Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

Booth Update: Riverbend

17 this morning, clear and sunny. We got another inch of snow yesterday, which was supposed to be rain but the temperature never for above 32F/0C. 

Packing for my trip today. I can't believe it's actually happening, but so far so good. Packing plenty of masks and hand sanitizer, you can believe. Also 2 books for on the plane, and my lemon ginger teabags because that's my go-to drink every morning, and often every afternoon as well. And I have yet to find a brand I like as well as the Yogi brand of this tea. Do we get pickier about some things as we age? I think so.

I worked at the antique mall yesterday and took some photos while I was there. We had few customers, but thankfully they were shoppers so the day turned out to be fairly good despite the low numbers. Only one man of all that came in was without a mask. People are taking this virus seriously now, it seems.

So, here's the photos.

Yesterday I sold the stone wheel grinder that was in front here, so I did a little rearranging to fill the space.

We changed up the wall the other day, adding the big metal fish, tobacco basket and other things.

I've added several wreaths and Spring floral arrangements the past week or so. I'm hoping people are feeling like changing over their winter decor soon.


Ready to travel--a lady's vintage hat, suitcase, and lace gloves.


This is a reproduction tobacco basket, a good bit smaller and lighter--and cheaper--than the real thing.



Cute little stool we picked up the other day, using metal backsplash for the top.


This pretty chair came from Ohio, The picture doesn't show it, but the fabric is yellow and blue, very French Country look. The back is yellow stripes. 


A picnic basket, fully equipped, with some graniteware displayed in it.


More flowers, LOL. Maybe I'm the one needing the Spring-y look?


Any NASCAR fans here? I'm not but there are plenty of people who are.


A customer was asking for a Coleman stove last week. I had one, but at my other booth, so I moved it here in case he returns. The Hoosier cabinet in the background is on lay-away, as are several other pieces in my booths, but all will be picked up soon.


These little boxes were part of a lot we picked up earlier this week. I think this "Primitive" craze is slowly dying out in our area, and has probably already passed in many places. But there are still buyers looking for it.


I do love this vanity. We moved it into the booth a couple of weeks ago, one of those rare pieces that needed no work at all, just some polishing up.


Rolling pins--how did I accumulate so many?? But here they all are, and they sell pretty well.


I call this the "Bird Table". Lots of bird-themed items here, and some have already sold.


Another piece from the lot we picked up this week, a pierced tin lantern lamp.


Quilts and pillows and tablecloths--I have a buyer interested in the cabinet but it may be a while before she buys it, as she's looking for a house, and you know how long all that takes. No worries though, it's still a great display piece.


Shutters and windows are still steady sellers. We pick them up whenever we can find them reasonably priced.


I saw a cabinet almost identical to this one, listed for well over 300.00 our price is a LOT lower than that, about 50% lower. I love it for display, even if we never sell it.


Lots and lots of smalls--our last check from this mall was all from sales of smalls, except for a couple layaway payments. Smalls make the rent, so the saying goes in this business.



Costume jewelry sells steadily too, as long as it's priced low. I've found these hooks in the pegboard to be a good way of showcasing necklaces and bracelets.






A snowy street outside. The snow blew all day yesterday, but didn't accumulate on the roads.


It was cold out there, but warm inside.


Let's hope I hitch some of that California sunshine and warmth to the plane and drag it home with me!


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your trip, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to see your stall! Hope your trip goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Its so nice here in Miami, 70F and mostly sunny. A welcome change!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...