Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Vintage Tea Towels

71 this morning 🌄 and clear. High of 91 expected today. Thank goodness for air conditioning. 

Off to work at the antique mall today, my first time away from home in over 2 weeks. Have I missed going out? Not a bit. It seems like I always have something to do...and those first few days I sure didn't feel well enough anyway. 

I got my mincemeat made but my pressure canner gave me fits yesterday.  The jars all sealed but lost so much liquid that I am going to open them up and re-do them. The gasket on the canner would not seal and by the time I got it to work, the jars had been in there quite a while. Maybe it's time for a new canner? Or maybe just a new gasket. So frustrating. 

I don't know about you, but I like vintage tea towels, especially those from the 1930s-50s. I use these in my kitchen as they aren't perfect, just pretty. I am sorry for the bad lighting, but sometimes my phone just doesn't do what I want it to.

This one has such bright, cheerful flowers!



And this one has pretty embroidered trim.


I love the soft colors and roses on this towel.


Another one with embroidery,  not well done but so sweet. Maybe a child's project?



Enough lollygagging, as my mother would say. It's time to load up and get ready to go!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back at your work! Sorry the canner was bad to you...bad canner! bad canner! Of course starting with the gasket is a good idea. (She says having much interest but never having canned a thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many people use tea-towels in this age of the dish-washer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny thought, and something I never considered! I use them all the time for all sorts of things. Seems like I am always drying my hands, or wiping off a wet counter. But then, people don't cook as much anymore either. Most of my days at home are spent in the kitchen, it seems like, but I am sure that is not the norm.

      Delete
  3. I love your vintage tea towels, they are so pretty. I have a dishwasher but like you I always have tea towels in my kitchen. I also use them to get hot food in and out of the oven as I really do not get on with oven gloves or anything similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first tea towel is an Irish linen one. I have a very similar pattern in a square tablecloth that is almost (but not quite) identical to the tea towel. And I use dish towels all the time too. Never had a dishwasher on the mountain.
    Batsy in Idaho

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...