Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Snowy, Blowy Day

28 this morning, with snow showers after rain showers overnight. Very windy all night, but the wind finally died down this after noon. No snow accumulation, sadly but it did look pretty while it was falling.


After our long day yesterday, I am pretty worn out today but got back to work on cleaning out and reorganizing g my ebay room. I have made a lot of progress and Goodwill will be happy to get the things I cleared out today---mostly clear glass which i know my reseller friend doesn't like because it does not sell well these days. My goal with this cleanout is to make enough room in there for a guest bed. Since my ebay and booth  selling took off when I retired, the room that was intended as a guest room has been taken over by inventory for both booths and ebay.  I don't know if I can make that goal; we shall see.

I am beginning to think about the trip we hope to take to England this year. Probably we will go in late September again, as that is about the only time we can be away from home for an extended time. The gardens and canning should have slowed down, the grass won't get out of hand, and there's no worries about freezing pipes. We are fortunate to have good neighbors who will come take care of the chickens and the pets. So now I need to get busy with figuring out exactly when and for how long we will go. And of course what we want to see.

We definitely want to see family. My Aunt Grace will be 102 this coming August. Then there are my cousins, one of whom writes the By Stargoose And Hanglands blog. Do check it out if you haven't already. His nature photography and stories about the places he goes are wonderful.  

I would like to see Wales again too, if we can manage it. And then there's Scotland, which we both want to visit as we have yet to get there. We will not be able to do all of this, of course. So what to choose? Hard decisions lie ahead!

Enough blathering for today It! XIt will be a cold night, and I am thankful for free gas and a cozy home. 


Stay well til next time, friends.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

11 comments:

  1. Now, that is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are excited to be able to go over again, after the Covid break. We have enjoyed each trip so much. It feels like a homecoming, actually.

      Delete
  2. September is a great time to visit the UK, it might actually be dry, tee hee. I love Wales and Scotland they are both beautiful places, enjoy your planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always been there in August, September, and early October and have had glorious weather each time. Last trip, I actually got sunburned on Hadrian's Wall! Now that I did not expect.

      Delete
  3. What fun planning a trip. And now we know that John is your cousin as well. Small world! Enjoy the plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, John began blogging after I posted an old photo of the Caxton Gilbert and wondered what it was. He provided me with its gruesome history, and I think he then got the bug to post his own photos and wide knowledge of the history and lorebof the places he visited. He is a walking encyclopedia, I swear!

      Delete
  4. We finally made it someplace warm where we might have a night where the heater will not be needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! One of my sons made a business trip to Florida last week, and forgot to take his golf clubs and his shorts! Too funny.

      Delete
  5. How fun. It's wonderful to have something to look forward to.
    I'm going home to WV this summer. It's been at least 5 yrs or more so I'm really looking forward to seeing the mtns. again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Is this Jenny? I would love to meet up with you! Let me know when you are coming.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...