Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Saturday Odds & Ends

71°f/21.7°C, overcast after a cloudy day yesterday. 

I was going through recent photos and a few older ones that popped up while I was looking for something else, and decided to post this random group.

First, a porch visitor, a Harnessed Tiger Moth. Poor fella looks a little worse for wear.


Teapot set i photographed to put on ebay. I haven't listed it yet, but it is so pretty. Made in Poland.


Some flowers picked after my latest stringtrimming session.



An old photo, probably from 2008, of granddaughters Haley and Hannah arriving at Granny's house after school. They were here a lot while their dad Derek was deployed in Iraq. Funny to think Hannah now has 3 children and 3 step-children! And Haley is a sergeant fulltime in the Army National Guard.


Tomatoes are dwindling, only a few left in the garden.



Herbs hanging to dry in the kitchen.


Last month's full moon.


The 2018 ghost walk I think. The last one I led was in 2019, then Covid happened. I have tried and failed to find someone to take it on. I'd even give them all the stories!


Recent visitors out by our garden.


Another old photo, from 1982, I think. Family came to visit from Virginia. This place was still pretty rough! We'd only been living here for 6 years, trying to carve a farm out of wilderness. 


Same photo, but I cropped out the tobacco barn. I think this is the only photo we have of it. 


And a current photo of the same view. It's changed a bit.







Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.