Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Scary


I have been looking forward to granddaughter Sarah's upcoming visit next week, but that's not going to happen now. Sarah fell about 20-30 feet while hiking in the Colorado mountains, and had to be airlifted with a Blackhawk helicopter. She has many broken bones, and a long road to recovery ahead, but fortunately no head injury. To say this granny is a little upset and worried is an understatement,  but it could have been much worse. I want to just jump on a plane and fly out there, but I know I would simply be in the way. 

Please send prayers, good energy, and healing thoughts to our girl. 

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

11 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear this. Sending lots of healing prayers for Sarah's recovery. Also sending prayers for the worried grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That poor girl! I'm assuming she was with other people when this happened. I hope she has a speedy, successful recovery! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...not the news one wants to hear. I hope that she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that was quite the fall. I'm glad she survived and is getting the attention she needs. Positive energy and prayers are definitely coming her way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. What a terrible fall. Thankfully she was rescued. This was who you just spent time with in CO. Maybe she'll be able to do her recuperating at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, that must have hurt like hell...but you are right, it could have gone worse. Wish Sarah a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awful! Thank goodness she survived this fall and is getting the help she needs. I'm so sorry to hear this and know it is terrible news for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sue, this is very scary. And yes, grateful it wasn't worse, but wow -- it still sounds pretty painful. Sending healing wishes your way for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Sue, what a shock. That she is alive and that there is no head injury is amazing. It's wise to wait awhile before going there. She knows you care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shock for her and for you and your family. Hope she heals quickly but broken bones do take a while to set. So scary and sad. Love to all of you. Batsy in Idaho

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.