Pages

▼

Thursday, October 1, 2026

October 1

61°f/16°C, sunny. Another nice day ahead, but a bit warmer. 

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit! Happy October!


A few photos from this day in past years:






Somewhere in England:

In Wales, 10 years ago. I liked saying this word like a pirate!




And 2 years ago, I was getting my knee replaced. Believe it or not, it's still a little painful , and doesn't bend as well as it should, but overall it's better than it was before replacement.  

Today we have a couple bushels of apples to make into sauce, which we will freeze and save for making apple butter the Sunday before Thanksgiving. That's become a family tradition, one we all look forward to. Our son Derek will be here shortly for breakfast and took help today, so I'd best be getting busy!

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound like making applesauce out of a bushel of apples (a bushel?!!!!) is just another semi-everyday occurrence. I'll bet it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.