What a nice day we had yesterday. It was the perfect way to welcome October.
Our son Derek was here by 9 am. Larry had already been up the driveway to finish cutting up a tree he dropped yesterday, a black walnut that was broken off during an August storm. Then he went down the road to pick up something from our young neighbor Grace, a veterinary technician, to clean a place on our Buddy dog who has developed a hot spot. Grace is on medical leave, but she certainly knows her stuff about animals!
Meanwhile, I made some waffles from scratch, adding black walnuts that Larry shelled last year, and mixed some strawberries from the freezer with some strawberry syrup from the cellar, for breakfast. Hannah and her little baby Sutton showed up for breakfast too, and she helped and took photos as we made the applesauce. These are mostly Hannah's photos:.
We ended up with about 9 gallons of sauce, which, along with the 8 gallons already made and canned, will be plenty for this year's apple butter. I still have about a third of a bushel of apples left, which I will use to can some apple pue filling.
After Derek and Hannah left, I got busy pricing things for our booths, and Larry spent a couple hours brushhogging. We were both ready to put our feet up as the sun set on this lovely day. Today we head to our booths to restock. Bet it will ve an easy day, comparatively speaking!











Sutton is a little cutie. How good he was while all that activity was going on around him. It's been years since I've made apple sauce. It was always so good
ReplyDeleteA happy and productive day!
ReplyDeleteI like the porch decor with the red door and the next inside photo
ReplyDeleteWhen I made apple sauce, I nade it chunky!
ReplyDelete