Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Bathroom Re-Do

61 this morning, clear, cool and bright 

Somewhere in the middle of gardens and canning we managed a re-do of our bathroom. Nothing fancy like so many seem to do these days, just fixing it to suit us.

Basically, we replaced the flooring, added galvanized roofing on the walls,  put in a taller toilet for us old people, replaced the sink and repainted. 


I was worried about the gray walls, gray floors, and metal wainscoting---it kinda looked like a prison bathroom! But the addition of some soft colors changed that feeling completely and now I love it.


We already had the granite pans hanging in there, so I just added some artwork and a few other things.

Having booths is so handy for a project like this-- I just basically "shopped" my booths for the things I needed.



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't a refresh make you feel so good.
    I painted my kitchen cabinets a few years ago, the top whit & the bottom gray. I love it so much. When my laundry room needed repainting I decided to mix up the leftover gray & white paint & use it in that little room to paint all the walls & my one cabinet all one color. The farther along I went the more I felt like a prison! It is very prison gray color but it looked all clean & fresh so I haven't regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I am so glad we finally got it done! My son had the paint left over from his kitchen remodel, and we figured why not use it. I love it now, and can't wait to tackle tbe kitchen and living room this winter. Those will be BIG jobs, given the high ceilings and all the stuff that has to be moved.

      Delete
  3. I just love it! It looks so cozy :) You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...