Pages

Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Catch-Up

43°f, clear and dry. Our perfect Autumn weather continues.

We had some early morning visitors again. This turkey flock seems to show up every morning around 8:30, regular as clockwork. There are 12 in the group, and I think they may be this year's poultry, along with their parents.


Larry doesn't hunt turkey; we're both content just to watch them.


Breakfast today: English muffins spread with avocado, then topped with cheese, fried egg, tomato, and sour cream, along with coffee and tomato juice. Would have been prettier with some chives or parsley sprinkled on top!


Yesterday I buckled down and did a bunch of ebay listings, including these lovely milk glass goblets and several vintage paint-by-number pictures.




This one sold almost immediately. 



I also listed some crewel embroidery pictures I have debated about keeping, but in the end decided to list them. Need to downsize, I keep reminding myself!
 





While sorting out a tote we'd stored away a couple years ago, I found this fairy lamp. Prices for these are crazy right now; when I had this in my booth, it was priced at $15; now this type sells for around $80. Fads are so unpredictable. 


I have so many pretty plates stashed away! So a few of them got listed yesterday.


There are 6 of these, just so pretty,


But this little Limoges plate is my favorite of this bunch.


I worked outside in my flowerbeds for a bit, and was happy to see that the lettuce and kale I planted last week in tubs on the deck has already come up. I hope I can keep it going through at least part of the winter. I couldn't resist a pic of the hydrangea, still showing off.


Here a new bloom is getting ready to open:


this one is further along,


still further,


and past blooming, but still pretty to me.


Granddaughter Hannah has wanted one of these Tiffany-style lamps. They are another surprising fad among young people. I found this one for her at Goodwill the other day, in perfect condition. It really is pretty when lit up.


I fiddled around with YouTube long enough yesterday to learn how to blur faces, so here is the video of Ed Light at open mic:


And finally, relax time in my favorite evening dress. Not my usual plain style, but it's linen and so comfy. Another Goodwill find!


All for today. I need to get outside in the gardens, then we will be off to the farmer's market for eggs. Have a good day, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...