Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Quiet Saturday

51°f/10.5°C, overcast then rain later, leftovers from the hurricane whose name the newscaster have a terrible time pronouncing.

It was a stay- home day today as we waited for the rain. We had considered a run to Spencer for the Black Walnut Festival, but honestly? We were both just tired. So I did housework in the morning, and mucked about in the kitchen for the rest of the day. I canned the last two gallon cans of beans that were given to us, and did a few black beans because there was room in the canner. Then I priced things for the booth. 

I did get outside a bit and planted some small mums in planters, tidied up the porch, and enjoyed coffee on the porch before the rain started. It was just a really nice day.

We still have a few tomatoes from one Amish Paste plant in the garden that I protected from the deer with netting. Larry picked them and we have ripened them inside. There are a half dozen more in the fridge--a blessing, really, at this time of year.


I picked a couple yellow squash, and then a few flowers too, as the rain would have beaten them down. And anyway, who doesn't enjoy fresh flowers in the house?


The porch decorations make me happy.



More flowers...



Just too pretty! And very fragrant.


Last night's sunset.


A spooky picture i took on the way home from town yesterday.


Near Ravenswoid, a farmer has started harvesting his corn.


We went over the river to see if gas was cheaper at an Ohio station, since Ohio has suspended its gas tax, but I guess that station isn't bothering to lower their prices! I snapped this of a barge passing under the bridge as we drove it.


And now, a question: tomorrow evening there are two things I want to do, and I am so torn! So, which would you do?

A. Go to the John Prine Tribute at a Charleston brewery, featuring some good friends 
Or
B. Go to the WV Artisan Market and practice the Broom Dance with a local yoga group? I am a terrible dancer, but I love this dance! And they are going to do it at our next open mic.

So, which would you choose? Decisions, decisions.



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...