Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Where Has All the Water Gone?

41°f this morning, or 5°C. Brrr! But it's already up to 67°, clear and sunny. 

I guess I was kind of expecting it. Seems like every 4 or 5 years, we turn on a faucet, and there's no water.  Yesterday I was doing all my usual stuff--laundry, scrubbing down my kitchen stove, cleaning the bathroom-- and the water was running just fine. But just after I made supper (roasted chicken wraps, with green beans and potatoes), the water stopped. Nada. Not one drop.

Larry tried the reset button on the pump box but still nothing. Next step, unfortunately,  was call the well guy. Who thankfully answered the phone this morning and should be here this afternoon.  

So I am trying hard not to get into anything dirty. I already have paint on my arm which will be interesting to scrub off without water. 

I have plants that need to be planted, but I can never do that without getting my nails filthy, even with gloves on. I don't know how I do it, must be a genius or something, but there it is. 

I have apples that I was going to make into pie filling today. That won't happen because it takes water.

The floors need to be mopped. Not happening either.

But I can do ebay listings, and I can price things for the booths. I can straighten up the back room so we can move in a dresser we picked up Sunday. We needed another piece to work on like a hole in the head, but a good 100-year-old oak dresser with mirror for $20? Yes ma'am. It will have to wait its turn though, as I have a console table and an end table to do first. At least I finished up a kitchen table yesterday (the cause of the paint on my arm). One thing at a time.

Tonight is open mic, which is why I need to avoid getting dirty! I doubt the well will be fixed in time for a shower. I see a sponge bath in my future, but right now I might as well get busy doing the things that can be done, right? 



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...