1. the ceilings are wood, not white.
2. the ceilings are slanted, not flat.
3. there are plates on shelves, not in cabinets where they are supposed to be.
4. there are beds inside the couches.
5. the doors slide, and they're glass.
6. the door handles inside aren't round (they're latches).
7. there is a fan outside (ceiling fan on the porch).
8. one couch doesn't move (it's built in).
9. the floor is rocks (well, slate) in the log room.
10. there is a chair hanging on the wall--that is still weird!
I love James's perceptions of my house. He's measuring what he knows against what he sees, and trying to decide what "normal" is. I hope he decides that to not be normal is not just okay, but downright cool.
With his sister, playing Dragons
Come to think of it, James isn't too normal himself! And that's the coolest thing of all.
Wearing a crown and vest from Granny's storytelling closet.