What helped us get the grant:
- We told a story.
- We didn't use too many words.
- We held the interest of the review panel (heck, we're storytellers!).
- We provided anecdotes (like the handicapped group coming in buses).
- We had evaluation forms from attendees.
- We were clear about what we wanted to do, and why.
- Our funding request was reasonable.
So we're off and running for another year. Our plan is to expand each year, one county at a time, one day at a time.
Last year we did four one-day events during July. This year it will be two one-day events a week for the month of July.
Next year, who knows?