Just for fun: Chickens!
Chickens are one of my favorite animals. I’ve had a flock now for 30 years.What I like best about them is that, unlike most animals, you can use their products without hurting the chicken. My hens tend to lead long, safe lives. We like brown-egg hens best, and especially the black-and-white Barred Rocks, or Domineckers, as they’re called around here.
Now, a contest: Can you answer these riddles? Leave a comment with your answers to be in the running for one of my CDs, Mountain Story, Mountain Song. The commenter with the most correct answers will win the CD!
2. Where do hens come from?
3. Where do chicks come from?
4. Which side of a chicken has the most feathers?
5. Why did the chicken cross the road?
6. What do you get if you cross a road with a chicken?
7. Why did the chicken go halfway across the road?
8. Why did the turkey cross the road?
9. Why do hens lay eggs?
10. What’s a chicken’s favorite holiday?