Which got me to thinking, what other small creature comforts really, well, comfort me? Here's some of what I came up with:
1. French Vanilla coffee--make that with cream and no sugar please!
2. Soft worn jeans--the ones that slide on and into place instantly, like they remember me.
3. Bright red homemade berry jam in one of those little quilted crystal canning jars.
|Taken May 3, 2008 in my kitchen. I can't wait for the violets to bloom again.|
4. Fresh flowers in the house, at any time of year.
5. A bowl of fruit.
6. A flickering fire to greet me when I come home. A flickering fire at any time really.
7. A made-up bed. First thing we do every morning, and it gives me pleasure to see it all day. Why? I can't say, but maybe it's that taking-care-of-things feeling it gives?
8. Flannel gowns. Talk about feeling wrapped in comfort.
9. The smell of toast in the morning.
10. Music, especially live music being played at my house by a friend.
That's my list, at least my list for today. There are so many little things that make life beautiful. What are some of yours?
Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.