Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2024

In the Booths

66°f or 19°C this morning with steady rain. Rain is forecast all weekend 

Maybe we should have stayed home and planted yesterday? But it has been 2 weeks since we were at our booths, so we really needed to restock too. And we have planted some of everything, pretty much, except peppers and cucumbers, so I am trying not to feel guilty about taking Friday to work the booths.

I haven't posted booth photos in a while, so here's a look at some of them.

This is the cabinet I just finished up. I am happy with how it came out.


Blenko, Viking, Fenton, L.E. Smith and an unknown maker of the green bottle on the top shelf, fairy lamps by L. E. Smith and Fenton below.


Hazel Atlas and Blenko green bowls, with an Indiana Glass amberina " Last Supper" Tray. A bit of a Viking piece can be seen far right.


Tins and oddities. 


We have had this guy a long time, and he takes up a lot of space. Sure wish he would find a new home!


Blue and white China always seems to be popular. 


Pyrex fridge dishes. This is a complete set.


I can't recl who made these, but not Pyrex. 


We have a couple very cool vintage sewing machines in this booth.


Why yes, I do have a lot of lamps!



This is an unusual Lodge chicken fryer in hammered cast iron, from the 1930s.



My last painting project.



Then, at our other location:






I moved the desk here from the other mall because another seller copied my idea and did a very similar but cheaper desk in the same style ...and undercut my price by over half. The mall owner did nothing about it. Aggravating!







This is a rare Pyrex piece, a promotional item from the 50s in a design called Mod Kitchen. Pyrex collectors pay amazing prices for such items.


A Jennette Glass platter in their Irises design.
Beside it is a Westmoreland Glass basket and a Blenko vase on the end.

Teacups! I downsized my personal collection but still have a couple dozen.





The little green case holds 45 rpm records. Some good ones in there.


That's a quick look. There's lots more! Now, I hope some of it sells this weekend! I shared photoset a couple dozen Facebook groups, which usually helps, and since it's a rainy weekend maybe people will go antiquing. Fingers crossed.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. I used to use grandma's butter maker. Hard work but fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good stuff! I love Pyrex fridge dishes...threw away all the plastic and buy some new pyrex a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of those butter churns on our counter! I got in trouble yesterday when I broke the top of one of Barb's vintage blue jars. You know, the ones that clamp on with those wire closers? Now I am on the search for a replacement so I can get back in her good graces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fulsome display (or two). That little desk that you moved is so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...