Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Update

No idea of the temperature this morning as we were out early. But cloudy, then clearing with breezes and more clouds. Some areas got more rain but it missed us today. Thank goodness.

Doctor's offices, yuck. So sterile, no green.

So off to the bone doc this morning, bright and early! A 9am appointment means up at 6:30  to get ready, breakfast, take care of critters before leaving for the hour+ drive.

But the good news is there is no additional damage to my knee beyond nerve damage that is causing the pain and numbness. The bruised areas are fading but my knee is still very tender to the touch. The nerve damage will eventually heal, and then of course I have the replacement for this knee scheduled for October anyway.  I shall just be careful until then.

We made a day of it, stopping at a couple thrift stores, then Aldi's for wine and cheese and Irish butter, and tractor supply for fence posts and other supplies, then lunch at a favorite place,


and finally home to get out in the gardens. Ahhhh...plenty of green here.











Tomorrow we restock booths, then oldest son will arrive later in the evening to spend the weekend. What a treat that will be! And what a sweet wife to let me go on Mother's Day! But she is a minister and has speaking engagements, and her own elderly mother. I will miss seeing her though--she is a jewel of a daughter-in-law. 

As for my knee, well. It hurts, but it is SO much better than yesterday. While it heals I still have work to do so the knee, as the young folks say, will just have to suck it up! I've got things to do, and weeds and plants wait for no knee.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

6 comments:

  1. Good news on your knee, now you just need to take it easy. Hope you have a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that there's no additional damage to your knee! Your garden is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is possible to get much greener than that. Not the worst news about the knee, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was speaking to a friend in California yesterday and he told me his wife is laid up with compression fractures in her back. She is a master gardener (like you) and she keeps telling him "This isn't me! This isn't me!" He said normally she'd be outside pulling weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news with your knee, but, really, you gonna go weed? Isn´t that on the knees?
    Yay to the green and... ALDI looks different here...
    Mother´s day here is on 12th (but my Mom is long gone).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is so wonderful. Glad your knee is better. Enjoy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...