Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2024

And Not Moving

64°f again today. Another sunny, breezy, dry one, with highs in the upper 80s.

Well, it caught me. No surprise there, with Larry coughing all over the place. Even masks and hand-washing couldn't catch it all, I guess. So, second round of Covid for me---first was in summer 2022.

I have not called my doctor yet, since they are not in on the weekends. I am not really feeling too bad anyway, except in the mornings. I tested negative Wednesday evening,  but by yesterday morning I felt lousy, so did another test, which of course was positive. So I am resting, taking DayQuil and Nyquil to ease the symptoms, and drinking lots of fluids. In between resting I am doing some cleaning---nothing heavy, just dusting, laundry, sorting stuff, etc. I've never been one to stay in bed when I am sick, and since pneumonia is a common side effect of Covid, moving about is a good thing, I think.  I feel like I just have a head cold. 

Unfortunately I will miss my pre-op appointments scheduled for Tuesday. I can only hope they will be able to reschedule me quickly so that my knee surgery is not delayed.

Meanwhile, here are some things that made me laugh recently. No sense moping about something I can't change!










Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

21 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem like it's hitting you too hard. I hope it stays relatively low key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, AC. So far, not too bad.

      Delete
  2. Oh boo, sorry to hear you caught Covid again. I hope this time will be less stressful. But it probably will do some changes for your surgery schedule, though I'd hope not. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Might be a good thing to postpone it, since I had that UTI, then a cold, and now this. I think I need time to recover!

      Delete
  3. ...I got my seasonal flu and Covid shots today, here hoping. Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope they work, Tom! Larry had his too, but still got Covid. I suppose there are different strains running around.

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Haha on the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you two get well soon! It's not fun at all everybody gets ill...I just heard my husband sneeze and cough in another room...fingers crossed that he didn't catch a cold again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! Yes, I hope all is well at your house!

      Delete
  6. Get well soon, cousin - though as one of your "current family" perhaps I should be offended! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Well, there are exceptions to every rule, you know.

      Delete
  7. I hope its not the case for you, but a friend of mine had to delay her surgery for 6 weeks when she had COVID. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it may be a good idea to delay it, since apparently I am run down, coming off the UTI, and then this.

      Delete
  8. No fun! Maybe by now you've got Paxlovid to mitigate the length of your infection. I've had it only once that I know of but also have kept uptodate on boosters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with getting better, at least Covid might not be as strong as when it first arrived. Take care and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all need a chuckle on Monday morning :)
    Sorry you're feeling rotten. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great cartoons there, Susanna. I hope your Covid is quickly in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you have Covid. Take care as it shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, it last such a short time! A bit of a stuffy head is all I have left. I am very thankful.

      Delete
  13. I hope you feel better quickly. Nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...