Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Projects, Projects

67°f, overcast, humid (85%!). Red sky this morning, maybe rain later?

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...how does this place get so dusty! I am doing a pretty deep clean in preparation for not being able to after knee surgery, and it just astounds me that there is so much dust. I am getting to the end of it, just a few more places to clean, then I will do the floors. And by then, the dusting will probably need doing again.  It's never-ending.

Still, it is nice to get things in order. Well, sort of in order. Right now I have these two projects going.


This one, a dressing table, is about 30% complete. I have finished with the base, except for stenciling the drawers. Still trying to decide color and pattern there. The mirror still needs to be done, and the stool. Can I finish it before I am laid up? I don't know.

The second is this black bookshelf, which just needs the wax buffed up. 


(For now, my feet are up as I have my morning tea, but I will be busy soon enough. We will take the bookshelf to a booth today.) 

On the couch is the stool to the vanity, waiting for paint and re-covering. As soon as I can decide what fabric to use. Which will depend on what stencil and what color on the drawers will be. 

Today is bone density test day, to please my doctor. Then take some things to a booth, lunch with a friend, pick up stuff from our picker friend, some grocery shopping for fresh fruit, etc, and finally home. 

And just maybe it will rain. We can hope.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. ...you sure have projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your projects, you have a very busy day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should follow your example, but.... ow.
    Need to start the darn taxes - is that an excuse?... I´d rather read along here than doing anything else....

    ReplyDelete
  4. House work is never ending...No rain in autumn? Here it rains on and off and if we get lucky, we do get a bit of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...