Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Bored

It is strange to admit, but I'm bored! After 2 weeks or so of pain and foggy brain, it seems like I am coming back to the surface.  There is still pain,  especially at night, but nothing like the last 17 days.  So, progress! Today I focused on in-home physical therapy,  and used a comfrey salve I bought from a local lady to relieve pain. The salve does seem to help.





I asked Larry pick me a couple roses,  since I could not get to the garden. Where in the world did the purple one come from??? I swear I do not recall planting it, and this is surely the first time it has bloomed. Such a heavenly scent! The orange one also has a lovely scent.

So I cleaned house a little, sat on the porch, read a little, tried to nap and failed. I hope I sleep well tonight---still in my old recliner, but I don't want to disturb Larry all night with my getting up every couple hours. The melatonin seems to work pretty well, thank the heavens, and I can get some deep sleep in between perambulations around the house to ease my leg, which tends to get still if I stay in one position too long. I am not using the cane in the house, but still using the walker at night for safety.

What else has happened? Well, granddaughter Kate, her husband and baby came to visit yesterday, 

and brought a delicious lunch with them. Kate picked up the ingredients and made big Italian subs, with a side of Amish potato salad which tasted very like my potato salad, only sweeter. Baby J was a darling, loving on the dogs and our cat and exploring the chicken house. He is 18 months and is a sturdy little guy.

Today I have waited all day for a neighbor who was supposed to pick up a few bushels of apples we got for her, but she never showed up. Larry grabbed the opportunity of this sunny, warm day to put Thompson's water seal on the front porch steps and handrail, a tedious task that really needed to be done.

I played around taking a few photos of my fall display of (mostly) Early American Pattern Glass on the buffet. I do love the colors and patterns of this old glass.












And that is all the excitement for this Saturday. 

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. ...with all of your collections, dusting must be quite a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're getting bored, that's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that glass, and a small skeleton of what? There were a truckload of apples and bananas delivered to our Ingles late yesterday, with Facebook urging people to go get some. Then late in the night I thought, they left those apples in huge boxes in the parking lot! What about the bears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me an unreasonably long time to figure out what I was looking at until I realized your covered glass bowl was standing in front of a candlestick holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colored glass looks fantastic in the window.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...