Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2024

What a Night

42°f at 7 am, clear. 

I may have been bored yesterday, but that sure changed around 11pm last night.

I took my melatonin at 10, and had just fallen asleep when I heard Larry get up and run for the bathroom. He was so sick! This continued until about 5am. Every half hour or so he was up and sick. Poor guy.

And of course I was up too. I could not help him, which was hard. But I put on a mask and cleaned and disinfected each time, opened doors and turned on fans, trying my best to drive out any scattered germs. Because right now the last thing I need is to sick like that. It feels odd to be so self- centered about it, but I must be. Will I avoid this awful bug? I don't know, but I did the best I could. Today Larry slept and drowsed until 2pm, waking only for some water and dry toast. Son Derek just dropped off Pedialyte, Gatorade, orange juice, and bless his heart,  some Lindor chocolate for me. What a sweetheart! 

I did manage to feed the dogs and the cat, and Larry is taking care of the rabbits and chickens now. Odds are he will go right back to bed when he's done. I hope so anyway. And right now I am going to try to take a nap.  I sure can use it. But first, a few pics I took from the porch and deck on this beautiful autumn day.











Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. Awful to say, but if it was a food related sickness, you are safe. And that is what it sounds like. I have had my husband do this, twice. Once from a restaurant and once from food we brought in. Anyway, I hope he is better and that you are not too wiped either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...