Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Knee Update

41°f this morning, only warming to 64°. Frost expected in some areas tonight.

And indeed there was frost on the truck this morning, which melted off quickly. So cooler weather seems to be here to stay, at least for the coming week.

Slogging on here, not much fun stuff to report. The physical therapy yesterday and today like to killed me and I see no improvement in the future on that score. I think PT really stands for Physical Torture. Especially when you have some young, bright thing who obviously has never sustained more than a scratch in her life, assuring  you it won't be that bad. This granny wanted to tell her, oh yes it is that bad!

So apparently they want you to be able to lay your knee flat against a table, and my knee has not done that in years. I have 7° to go, whatever that means. And then there is the other measure of how far back your knee will bend: they expect 70-90° a week out of surgery, and I am at 75%. So I have a ways to go to get to their goal of 110%. Meanwhile, lots of pain, lots of PT, and lots more pain. Why did I sign up for this? Trying to remember!

Still, I am getting around pretty well, and will probably give up the walker for a cane next week. Thinking I want a 4-legged cane though, for stability. Which of course I don't have yet.

I also don't have the right pants for PT. They are using this machine like a TENS Unit, but much much bigger, that sends electric pulses to certain muscles. Like getting many mini shocks at one time. The electrodes attach way up my thigh...and my pants were too tight. So I told the tech to just cut them up the seam. She was hesitant but did it. Those pants weren't much good anyway. Got home and on Amazon to order stretchy jersey shorts.

There are so many unexpected expenses like that. I thought there would be, but there are many I did not expect or even think about. Learning as I go.





Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...