Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Impatience

This is my favorite picture of home, even though it's before we added the new deck. It's from late March 2004 and the daffodils were in full bloom.

The lettuce and radishes are already up. The onion sets are in, the daffodils are pushing their leaves through the dirt, leaf-tips burned brown by the hard cold of February. It is March, isn't it? Cold weather hangs on as we impatiently plan what we want to do outside. Too soon it will change, I know--instead of worrying about what we want to do, we will be worrying about what to do first.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. My spring bulbs started pushing up in January and as a result are wilted and yellow. There went that spring show. Oh well... there is always next year. My tulips are about an inch out of the ground and I do think there is hope for them. But I've become so impatient already with anticipation for this planting season. I've thumbed my way through at least 5 seed books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...