Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Storytelling Books--Hot Off the Press


I finally did it. It was something I've needed to do, wanted to do, but kept putting off. Odd how we'll do that, isn't it? I wanted a color laser printer, NEEDED a color laser printer, really, for the spiral bound books and chapbooks I publish at home. Volume isn't usually an issue--I prepare 10 or 20 at a time, and that carries me fairly well. Before the summer performances, I might so 40-50 to be sure I have plenty on hand. Granny's Ghost Stories sells particularly well, and My CD also does well, so I try to keep a good supply on hand.

But this time the order caught me by surprise---60 copies of Homeplace, my poetry chapbook, 60 of Mountain Story, Mountain Song, my CD, and Zinnia Tales. I never have that many on hand! Fortunately, I had just prepared 30 of the CD for sale, and I could order Zinnia Tales from Tammy Robinson Smith, the publisher. But the chapbook--that was a problem. I'd been printing it on my faithful HP950 color inkjet printer, but I really wanted a laser printer for the improvement in quality and durability. And my old printer was not up to an order this size, no way.

Now for most "publishers" this would be small potatoes indeed, but when you do it yourself in a small home office, it's a different story. After a little discussion with my husband, I trotted down to Office Max and bought a HP Color Laser Jet CM 1015 MFP. It feels like a Cadillac next my old printer . I think I'm going to be really glad I made the leap. Although I may need resuscitation when I have to buy ink cartridges for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...