Pages

Friday, September 7, 2007

Still computerless after all these days, Labor Day, and a Quick Book Review.

Latest in the saga: HP sends an empty box (while I'm off at a conference). I have to pack up the PC and ship it back to them. Then they repair it and send it back. Who knows how long? My guess is at least another week. No sign of the satellite modem yet.


In the meantime, I've been busy! A wonderful Labor Day weekend (pics as soon as the PC is back) with a daughter-in-law, niece-in-law, and a niece who had not been to my house in 24 years. We talked and talked, went up on the ridge to stargaze, drank a good bit of wine, looked at old family photographs, and enjoyed getting to know each other without the company of our men.


They went to the Sternwheel Regatta in Charleston to see the GinBlossoms, I stayed home and planted flowers, weeded and read the latest in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith.
This one is titled The Good Husband of Zebra Drive. As with the others, the pace is slow, light and thoughtful, and makes me want to visit Botswana. I listened to the first book, a good idea because now I know how to pronounce names like Mr. J.L.B. Matkone and Mma Ramotswe. I enjoy the insight into the culture and way of thought, and especially the humor. Oddly, the author is a Scottish man, but when I am reading I feel sure the writer is a Botswana woman of "traditional build."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...