Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Vandalia Gathering!

The biggest celebration of traditional mountain arts in West Virginia happens this weekend at the State Capitol in Charleston: The Vandalia Gathering. Old-time music, musician competitions, dancing, crafts, and storytelling will all be on tap for a weekend of good fun. There will be good food too. I'm ready for the homemade ice cream myself.

On Saturday, I will be at the storytelling tent and performing with other members of the West Virginia Storytelling Guild on stage in the Cultural Center from 12:30-1:30pm. We will have storytelling and children's activities at our tent--something for everyone. Please stop by to say hello, listen to a story and enjoy this beautiful festival. Here are some photos from last year's festival: (For more from last year, click here)







A very good time! I hope you can join us.

4 comments:

  1. I hope I get to see you there! I am dying for some roasted corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I'll be looking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would have loved to have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great time at Vandalia this year. I posted a video of Jake Ryder playing in the flat picking competition yesterday. If you get a chance come over to my blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...