Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day

I don't think Larry and I will be making the rounds with boxes of fruit and such for our servants, as was the custom in Old England in Queen Victoria's time. Mainly because we have no servants, darn it. Can you imagine life with servants? Actually, I can't because I cannot imagine askign someon else to do my work for me.

But we do hope to have company. Lord willing and the snow quits falling, Susan and her family will be here. That means Christmas all over again for us, and I am so hoping they can make it. Our granddaughter Jordan and her husband and baby are planning to stop by too, so we will have a wonderful day if everyone is willing to brave the new snow that fell overnight and is still falling this morning. Larry, Derek and Tommy had an interesting time getting Tommy's car out of here yesterday evening--the snow had melted just enough to make things very slippery.

No pictures to share because if you can believe it my camera never came out yesterday, not all day. I was busy getting ready for Derek's family to come in the evening, cooking a turkey and all that kind of thing. It was a beautiful evening with them and the grandchildren, but I never once thought of my camera. Ah well you will just have to imagine the fire, the tree, the presents, the eggnog, the turkey, and the happy faces.

I hope all of you had a memorable day, and are having a restful after-Christmas glow today.

7 comments:

  1. Ah, but if you had servants, you wouldn't be asking them to do your work, you'd be asking them to do their work. And, by hiring them, you'd be allowing them to earn an honourable living, while giving you more time to do your other work, like telling stories.

    It's all in the way one looks at things ... :)

    Merry Christmas, however belatedly.

    MNario

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could pay to have a servant it would be a great thing! lol There are so many things around here that I just can't do and my husband just doesn't have the time. Oh well, it will get done eventually, but not as soon as I'd like!

    Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and another one planned for today. Can't believe you forgot to take pictures! lol I take too many pictures.

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the rest of your family makes it for the holiday. I cannot imagine asking someone else to do things for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, can well imagine the tree, the fire, the turkey, the presents and most of all the happy faces. and the sated tummies . . . same here. Good day! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, can well imagine the tree, the fire, the turkey, the presents and most of all the happy faces. and the sated tummies . . . same here. Good day! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family, friends & good food!
    What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it turned out that we had no visitors at all--snow and illness kept everyone away. So we had a quiet day, watching the snow and the birds, and I finished up two articles and started a third, so I am feeling very caught up at the moment.

    We'll hope to see our friends and family later, when everyone is well and perhaps the snow not quite so deep. We ended up with 4 new inches over the weekend and it's still ocming down hard this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...