Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Packing Up!

Today is packing and getting ready to leave for Augusta tomorrow. I'll be teaching Appalachian storytelling for a week, and telling stories for the Elderhostel (Road Scholars) program each day too. My workshop coincides with Old-Time Week at Augusta, and ends with the Augusta Festival, a celebration of mountain folklife and music.

So I better get back to packing. I may be able to post a little while there; we'll see how the week shapes itself. If not, I'll be back next week with lots to show and tell you.Meantime, you may want to check out these two intriguing websites. One is an article about the Mountain Dance Trail developed by Gerry Milnes of Augusta; the other is from Asheville, NC and is a wealth of stories and information about Appalachian foodways.


Have a good week, my friends.

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle. I'm packed and just about ready to go. I hate leaving my front porch :) but I know once I'm there it will be a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...