Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Booth Updates

I have more travel stories to post, but we have been doing other things too. Like keeping up our booths. This month it was a challenge because I had so many other irons in the fire, so this past week we got both places re-stocked and shipshape.

Here's a look at our Marietta (OH) booths:

I am downsizing my Blenko collection, so some of it is making its way to my booths. It's so had to pick pieces to part with!


Several more Blenko pieces in this photo. 



I added some porcelain and pottery, too.


Our biggest add was this barrister's bookcase. These are so cool--they come in stackable units. This is 3 pieces plus a top piece and a base.


Vintage Sunbeam mixer in turquoise is pretty cool. Works well--except it's missing the lowest of its ten speeds.


This is one full and busy corner! This booth is a challenge because there's a big door we can't block to the left of the photo. But we get a lot of mileage out of the space, and the rent for it is cheap because of that door. It holds everything from a buggy tongue to old doors to crystal chandeliers, Pyrex, planters, primitive cabinet and a bird cage to blue canning jars, chairs...you name it, it's probably in there. There's even a coal miner's shower basket in there.



Another full and busy space. I call this the "man booth." Lots of rustic stuff in here. Even an old Chevrolet truck tailgate and Model A wheels.


I didn't take many photos in Marietta; to tell the truth I was tired! We'd been on a little hike--I'll write about that another day--and my legs were aching, so I took a few and got out of there.

And in Ravenswood:

I painted this credenza in August, and it's just been waiting for space to open up. A large layaway was FINALLY picked up, yay! I've decided to do no more layaways, as people stretch them out far too long. This space was tied up for months; this mall doesn't have space to put layaways in storage, which means I lose the use of the space until the item is paid for. I've decided it's not financially worth it for me to do that any more.


This table has been waiting for months as well, and I was finally able to squeeze it in.

A pretty dish I picked up recently takes front and center on this table.


Another table added to the booth--this one was also waiting for space. I love its little porcelain wheels.



One day someone is going to fall in love with this buffet, I just know it. Or else I will be bringing it home for some paint. It's a beautiful piece but not flashy. Black paint? White? Red? Thinking about it.


Pretties in another cabinet.


And these sweet little lambies on top of the cabinet. These are really surprisingly large planters.


Teapots, teapots, teapots...I sure have plenty of them!


And birds. I decided to sell my collection of bid figurines and planters. I've restocked it several times.


More tables that were waiting for space. I really like these two. I brought out a few Christmas items while I was there--I'd had them stored away in the booth.









And last, these two silly mugs--about the way I felt by the time I was finished for the day!



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Great stock - a lot of work - your booths are full of eye catching pieces.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! Now to just sell it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the items especially stacked bookcases. Have had several through the years but downsized tremendously when moved to apartment. However if I lived close might have to get those. You had a busy October. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Brenda! I was soooo tempted to keep those bookshelves. But like you, I need to hold the line. It has to be one thing in, one thing out. So difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your booth update posts!! So many beautiful things. The ceramic Christmas tree is a stunner, and those birds are lovely. I know if I was ever able to visit your booths, I would have a full suitcase and an empty wallet!! I am downsizing and continuing to sell as well, no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...