Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Last of This Year's Storytelling

There is a certain sadness to closing the book on another year of storytelling. It has been a good one, so I am not complaining. Now my quiet time sets in, and this year I hope to make use of it getting some writing done and working on plans for this June's creative writing workshop for Allegheny Echoes. I am excited about this workshop, and also know I have much to do to prepare for a week of unique writing activities for my class.

January, I know, will be busy in a different way. Larry is scheduled for a knee replacement on the 8th, so the month will be dedicated to his physical therapy and healing. It will be worth the pain and work in the end, but after going through his first replacement last May, we both know the challenges ahead.

My 2019 calendar is starting off with some satisfying events already scheduled. The Appalachian Festival in Cincinnati in May, the WV Writer's Conference, WV Folk Festival and Allegheny Echoes in June, Inland Waterways Festival in August, and several other things are already on the books. Work and fun ahead! My sister and I are also planning a trip to England to see our last living aunt on our mother's side, probably in September. Then this spring Larry and I hope to go to Miami to visit our youngest son, and and I determined to fly to Los Angeles to visit my grandson. So travel is high on my to-do list for this year. Assuming of course, that the stars align to make it happen.

For now I am content. I can sit back and enjoy the winter solstice and the rest of the holidays with no deadline looming over me. I can look ahead to a year that promises to be full of new adventures and new stories. It is enough. It is more than enough.

A look back at just a little of this past year's storytelling:
























Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Quite a year. Hope that all goes well for Larry. Your aunt was certainly looking good when I saw her about 3 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...