Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

Packing Away Easter

This year is the first time I've decorated for Easter in a long time. But all through the year I picked up little things that I intended to sell for this holiday--and then when I got them out, they were so cute I just kept them.

Some are old, some are new:

The ceramic bunny had no eyes when I bought him--just a pink circle. A little black paint fixed that. I really liked the ceramic egg on a stand in the right center of this photo.


The large egg is actually an old paper egg from Germany, probably from the 1930's. I'd never seen one of these before--or if I have, I probably thought they were new dimestore things. Surprisingly I found three over the course of the year and kept two of them. The other one is in one of my booths, and if it didn't sell I might just pack it away and use it next year with these others.


As you can see, some of the eggs in the above photo are dollar-store decor, but I like them anyway. This is a better look at the ceramic egg on a stand. There's a little silver Dansk rabbit in this lot too.

I really like these two ceramic eggs with their floral decoration. They're older, probaby 50's-60's, I'm gussing.

Old greeting cards made a nice display in my card holder.


So nothing really exciting, just pretties to greet the season. Now they're all packed away to wait for next year--and maybe I'll find a few more to add. I could use a few more rabbits...

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...