|Along the coast of Cornwall|
Two of my sisters and I will be off on an adventure: first, I am taking Amtrak from Charleston, WV to Manassas, VA where I will stay overnight with my sisters. We fly out the next day for London.
|The Hurlers, standing stones on Bodmin Moor|
- Spend a day in London doing a quick tour (hop-on hop-off probably).
- Then we'll take the train to France and spend a day visiting the graves of our great-uncles James and Sydney Wilson who were killed in WWI.
- Back to London, rent a car and drive to Stonehenge. Dinner with my friends David and Alice Wylde who live just a few miles away.
- Next day, off to Glastonbury to visit the Tor and the Abbey.
- Then, 5 days in Cornwall. We'll be staying in Boscastle and exploring out from there.
|On Bodmin Moor|
- Some things we want to see: Tintagel, the Lost Gardens, a tin mine, maybe St Michel's island, Bodmin Moor and the standing stones, and more.
|In the British Museum of Witchcraft and Magic at Boscastle--I plan to spend a good bit of time here!|
- Back to East Anglia and the Cambridge area to visit with cousins and see our aunt on her 98th birthday
|Caldecote Church, where our grandfather and other relatives are buried. My mother grew up near here.|
- Off to Yorkshire for several days and possibly sneak over the border into Scotland.
- Home again to my sister's house, and then the train back to Charleston.
Whew! We will certainly be busy, but what fun we will have-and we'll get to see some family too.
I'll post photos as I can, or it might have to wait til I get home. See you all in September, if not before!
Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.