Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Beautiful Work in Progress: Museum of American Glass Museum Mural

On my way home from Pocahontas county on Sunday, I passed through Weston, home of the Museum of American Glass (of which I am a happy supporter).



And was I lucky! There is a huge mural being painted on the side of the museum. I've been following its progress online, but Sunday I had a chance to see it in person. Not only see it, but also to see and meet the man doing the work, Jesse Corlis of Corlis Creative.


Check out that oil lamp!


The mural depicts glass from many periods of time and many makers. Some I recognize, some I'm not sure, but the whole thing is just beautiful.




I love this Blenko fish, and the ruby pitcher (not sure of maker).


My personal favorite, though, is this wineglass. It looks so...transparent. Just perfect.



It was another highlight of a great weekend. I can't wait to see the finished mural.

Thanks, Jesse!

You can read more about Jesse and his work in this article.

And more about the museum in my past blog posts here and here.

Visit the museum's website here

For other interesting and sometimes strange museums I've written about, go here.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. I just popped over from CoffeeOnThePorchWithMe. That mural is wonderful and will certainly draw visitors into the museum. Now I'll pop over to your other posts and hopefully see what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing artist. So happy you visited and shared his ongoing mural.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...