Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Dust, Dust, Dust: Dryer Cleaning

This isn't a storytelling, vintage stuff, or even a family post. It's about my dryer.

For the past year I've noticed two things: my dryer takes too long to dryer a load of clothes, and there is too much dust in my house.

Convincing my husband that there was a problem took a long time. He thought the dryer was just old and maybe we needed a new one. I didn't think that was the issue; it ran fine. He took apart the vent line and cleaned it out. There was quite a bit of lint built up in that long tube, so we thought perhaps the problem was fixed.

Only it wasn't.

Fnally I looked online in desperation, to find any other ideas that might provide the solution. And I found it: not only will the vent exhaust tube get clogged with lint, the part right by the lint filter will get clogged too! I showed Larry, and he got on it right away. It took a little time, and a few tools, but my goodness did he find a lot of built up lint!

With a gas dryer, it's critical to keep the dryer as clean as possible because of the possibility of a fire. So my mind is much more at ease now. The dryer is running better, too.

Here is a link to the website I found: Dryer lint cleaning

There are youtube videos out there as well, for various models and types of dryers.

Just passing this along in case anyone else has the same issue with their dryer.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. I've had that problem as well, and did the same to fix it.
    Same goes for cleaning the coils on my refrigerator. I do it at least twice a year to keep it running smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must look at this!

    My gas dryer seems not working as well also. We keep the lint thing, which you clean every time.... clean.

    And he cleans out the bottom thing. Oh my, if it has to be done, from outside in... And we have snowwwwwww out there.

    Well, will look at the site.

    Greetings from Snow Country!
    ⛄🎄⛄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please read my latest post.....

    You really got me thinking! Then our outside dryer vent, froze up!
    All is being taken care of, as I write.

    Thank You!!!!!!

    Wisps of Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning the lent trap of your clothes dryer between every cycle will ensure that your dryer is not working harder than it needs to and will extend the life of the unit. Cleaning the dryer air duct in the back of the dryer at least once a year will help maintain the performance of your dryer as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...